This is the recipe that dreams are made of, it is absolutely my favourite thing to cook, and I have yet to meet anyone who does not instantly adore it. And...it is super easy to make!
7 oz / 200 g self raising flour
7 oz / 200 g caster sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 oz / 60 g melted margarine
1 mug caster sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 mugs boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°
2. Find a very large casserole dish (I use one which is 22cm wide and 10cm deep, if you do not have a big enough dish you will get molten chocolate sauce all your oven...sad times)
3. Place the flour, sugar and cocoa in the casserole
4. Add the melted marg and mix
5. Mix enough milk into the pudding to make a stiff paste. It needs to be stiffer than normal cake mix.
6. Spread the mixture so it is flat in the bottom of the casserole
7. Mix the mug of sugar and cocoa and sprinkle evenly over the top
8. Pour on the water. Do not mix.
9. Bake for around 45 minutes until the cake part of the pudding is cooked. A knife into the cake should come out clean